BIG Interest Checking
Open an Account
Rates effective as of
||BIG Interest on qualifying accounts up to $50,000
|0.00% to 1.26%
||On balances over $50,000 (qualifying accounts)**
||On entire balance if requirements are not met
| * Annual Percentage Yield
** The blended yield for amounts exceeding $50,000 will range from 0.00% to
0.00% APY depending on balance.
*Annual Percentage Yield. Variable Rate Account. The rate may change after the account is opened
How Do I Get BIG Interest Checking?
Step 1: Open a BIG Interest checking account at any branch or convert your existing account by doing one of the following:
Step 2: Qualify for BIG Interest
- Call us during business hours (Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM) at 435-865-2394.
- Email us at email@example.com. Include your name and last four digits of the account to convert.
- Stop by our New Accounts desk at any branch office.
Debit card transactions: These are purchases with your SBSU debit card during the analysis period*. PIN or Signature transactions with your SBSU debit card qualify. ATM transactions do not count.
ACH: Examples include direct deposit payroll or an automatic utility payment. Transfers to other SBSU loans or accounts do not count.
- Enroll in Online Banking.
- Enroll in E-Statements.
- Meet or exceed the following requirements during the monthly analysis period*.
- 12 + Debit Card Transactions.
- 2 + ACH Direct Deposits or ACH Automatic Payments.
- Keep your current E-mail address on file at the bank. Update your address by logging into Online Banking. Click on Other Services.
Features of BIG Interest Checking
- No minimum balance fee
- Free nationwide withdrawals at ATMs with the MoneyPass or SUM Logo
- Electronic statement with check images
- Free Debit Card
*Analysis period: the last banking day of the previous cycle through the next to last banking day of the current cycle. If all months had 30 banking days (they don't), the analysis period would be the 29th through the 29th.
Other Account Options