Bill Pay is a service that speeds up the monthly check-writing chore.
Instead of writing and mailing checks one-by-one, bill-pay users click boxes and type amounts.
SBSU and CheckFree do the rest.
The system requires initial setup.
After that, paying a bill is as easy as logging into our web site from anywhere in the world.
Please click on each of the topics above to get the most from our bill pay system.
Sign up for E-statements with any business or personal checking account**.
- You get free bill pay.
- Your E-statement includes images of posted checks.
- Paper statements will be turned off.
**Money Market accounts are excluded from the free bill pay offer because of the Federally regulated transaction restrictions, which limits withdrawals to no more than 6 by check per month.
Read the following guidelines and follow the links
- Be enrolled in our Internet Banking System. Enroll Now
- Have an existing personal or business checking account with us.
You may need to visit SBSU in person to open an eligible account before continuing.
- Decide what to do with your personal account.
- Convert it to BIG Interest Checking and get all the great benefits that go with it. Click here to convert your personal account now. Click here to Compare account features.
- Convert it to Free E Checking and get all the great benefits that go with it. Click here to convert your personal account now. Click here to Compare account features.
- Or simply sign up for E-statements and keep the account you have.
Use this link to sign up for E-statements without changing other features about your account.
- Decide what to do with your business account.
- Sign up for E-statements and get free bill pay.
- Do nothing and continue to get paper statements, but not free bill pay.
- After converting to BIG Interest Checking, Free E Checking or signing up for E-statements you will no longer receive a paper statement in the mail.
Instead, your statement will be posted electronically to our Internet Banking System.
- We, the bank, will assume that you have reviewed your statement the banking day after the statement cut-off, regardless if you actually look at it (See Reg E).
- Accounts combined with your checking, such as SureCash or Savings, will convert with the E-statement.
- Keep us informed of your address changes so that mailed notices go to the right place.
We send tax information, SureCash transfers and overdraft notices by snail mail.
Change your address by logging into our Internet Banking Service, and clicking on "Other Services", and then "Change Address".
- You may switch back to a traditional checking account at any time at no cost.
Rates and benefits consistent with the account you choose will apply.
Why State Bank and CheckFree?
CheckFree employs the risk model for paying bills.
This means that funds are debited from the user's account at about the same time the bill is paid. The user keeps the float! With other bill-pay systems the money is taken before being sent to the payee.
About 70% of transactions are handled by electronic methods.
The remaining 30% is divided between laser drafts (a check that posts to the user's account) and corporate checks (a check from CheckFree's account).
SBSU cannot control the payment method chosen by CheckFree.
The user picks which vendors to pay and the amount.
The system automatically defaults to the earliest date the payment will reach the vendor, which the user may accept or adjust to a later date.
CheckFree guarantees payments up to $50 if they are submitted with the correct information and scheduled to arrive before the due date.
Bill-Pay NSF Caution: Two NSF/OD fees may apply - one from SBSU and one from CheckFreee. SBSU may return CheckFree's collection attempt because of insuffidient funds (NSF) in your account, in which case you will receive two NSF fees, one immediately from SBSU and and another from CheckFree at month end.
Click here to review potential fees.
Money Market Caution: Federal regulations restrict money market withdrawals to no more than six (6) per month, three of which may be by check.
A $10 fee is charged for each excess withdrawal.
These limits make money Market accounts poor candidates to associate with bill pay.
Stop Payments: SBSU or CheckFree stop payment fees may apply depending upon the payment type.
CheckFree charges $25 per stop. See our fee schedule for SBSU stop payment fees.
Bank to Bank Transfers ~ A Better Way
Don't use the bill pay system for bank to bank transfers or for paying State Bank loans.
There's a better way, as follows:
- Bank-to-Bank Transfers: Use our "External Transfer" method for moving money to or from other financial institutions.
- Log into our Internet Banking site
- Click the "Transfer" button
- Click the little "External Transfer" button. Print the form, fill it out and mail it to us.
We'll set you up with a very reliable and fast method for moving money between financial institutions.
- Return to the "Transfer" screen to move your money (after we have set it up).
- Loan Payments: Use the "Transfer" screen to pay your State Bank loans
- Log into our Internet Banking site
- Click "Transfer"
- Your loan should be grouped with accounts under "Transfer To". Please contact us at (435)865-2394 if your loan does not appear on this screen.