Regulation E Disclosures (Reg E)
Reg E limits your liability for unauthorized or fraudulent electronic activity that occurs on your account if you notify the bank within certain deadlines.
The complete text of Reg E is rather lengthy. Here is a summary:
- We must hear from you no later than 60 days after you were sent the first statement on which the error or problem appeared.
Otherwise, you may be liable for 100% of the problem. Your liability may be reduced to $0 or no more than $50 with timely notification.
- Your liability will be $50 if you have provided criminals with your banking information (see "phishing" scams).
- You are liable for unauthorized activity that occurs on your account after you discover it but fail to alert the bank.
In other words, you should alert us as soon as you detect unauthorized activity on your account so that we may take preventive measures.
Knowing about a problem but failing to alert us can get expensive for you.
- Tell us your name and account number and describe the problem. Provide clear details, such as the dollar amount and the day it posted to your account.
- Report problems to the Card Department: at 465-865-2331 or 1-800-662-1788 or write to:
- STATE BANK OF SOUTHERN UTAH
ATTN: BANKCARD DEPARTMENT
P.O. Box 340
Cedar City, UT 84721-0340
We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly.
If we take more than 10 business days to do this, we will adjust your account for the amount you think is in error so that you may have use of the money during our investigation.